Lessons at Home: Volleyball Ready & Hand Positions
18th November 2020
| READY TO PLAY
|This position allows players to be ready to receive a ball to perform a pass, set, or overhead shot.
- Keep your feet shoulder width apart.
- Don’t take your eye off the ball
- Keep low, maintaining good balance. Be ready to move quickly towards the ball.
- Control your body to return the ball.
- Recover with fast footwork to be ready for the next shot.
Understanding the different hand positions for bumping, setting, serving, and spiking is important for newer players. It helps them develop consistency with passing and shooting while also preventing injuries to the wrists and forearms.
Click here to learn about how food and water become energy and fuel your body.