Ongoing COVID-19 Response
UPDATED: May 22nd, 2020
Based on CDC and health guidelines, we are ready to provide a much needed sense of normalcy to everyone’s lives. To us this means Summer Camps at Bixby Village Golf Course in Long Beach are back in operation for the summer! Here are some of the precautions we are taking in order to ensure the safety and health of our students, coaches, and families.
You can see available weeks and register here.
- Limited registration openings to allow for physical distancing
- Minimize equipment sharing during camp weeks
- Frequent breaks to wash hands at our private portable sink
- Smaller groups for skill stations and on-course play
- Increased physical distances during drills
- No handshakes or high-fives, instead we will verbalize praise or bow
- On course, no sharing of balls or tees (each will have their own to use)
For Coaching Staff:
- Increased physical disancing and hands off instruction
- Verbal praise instead of high-fives and handshakes
- No handling of campers equipment
- Hand washing and sanitizing breaks
- Hitting nets, hitting mats, practice balls, and all other “shared equipment” will be cleaned after each group station
- Rental equipment (if supplied) will be sanitzed at the end of each day and labeled for use by the same camper all week.
For the Course:
- Flag sticks, ball washers, etc will not be touched or used by any patrons
- Benches, handrails, tables, etc will be disinfected throughout the day
- TGA Golf Camps will have our own dedicated space away from the other public patrons playing each day.
Keep checking back to this page to see updates as the situation remains fluid.
UPDATED: March 15th, 2020
At TGA, the health and safety of our entire community including our students, their families and our coaches is our top priority. Just like you, we continue to watch the effects of the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic across the globe, and in our community. We hope for your well-being and wish for a speedy end to this hardship as we are eager to return to serving you.
We are actively working with our public officials, school administrators, and facility partners to resume TGA programs as soon it is safe to do so. Each local state government is determining when shelter in place and social distancing mandates will be lifted, and when they do, we will be ready to bring sports back! Please continue to visit this page for updates.
And finally, in an effort to keep kids moving, playing and learning, we’ve offering online content that you can follow at-home including instructional videos from our coaches, exercises, drills and games that can be done with or without equipment, for the whole family to enjoy. See our “Lessons at Home” here.
We want to thank you for your patience, support and continued patronage. We hope to see you on the golf course and tennis courts soon!
Stay safe, be well, and Keep Playing!®
-TGA of Long Beach Coaching Staff.