Empower Your Child Through Tennis
Whether this is the first exposure to tennis or you’re looking to take your child’s game to the next level, we have a program to fit your needs. In partnership with the United States Tennis Association (USTA), TGA has developed a Youth Tennis Player Pathway to help guide families through the journey of learning and playing this amazing sport.
The pathway consists of TGA and USTA programs that are progressive in their skills level, knowledge requirements and challenges; yet also complementary to one another so children can participate in multiple types of programs throughout the year to continue developing and refining their game.
The common entry points for new players are through TGA’s instruction-based Tennis Enrichment Programs and Tennis Camps before moving on to programs like TGA Play Days and Leagues that focus on gaining competitive experience in a low-pressure setting. To learn more about each type of program, click on the icons below.
Youth Tennis Player Pathway...
Quick anaerobic movement burns calories and fat while improving overall cardiovascular health.
MOTOR SKILLS & BALANCE
Develops these attributes which improve overall coordination.
Developing shot strategies and applying concepts from geometry and physics.
SOCIAL & LIFE SKILLS
Build friendships and practice honesty and sportsmanship.
SELF-ESTEEM & OPTIMISM
Players test higher in these qualities and lower in anxiety and depression.
Tennis can be enjoyed at any age regardless of speed or power.
The TGA Way
Introduction To Sports
We offer an introduction to sports in a safe and welcoming environment, helping kids develop both athletic and social skills.
All Abilities Welcome
Our station-based format allows mixed-ability groups to learn and play together, ensuring a quality experience for all students.
We provide all equipment necessary to play so there is no additional investment required beyond registration.
Our coaches are fully vetted, background checked, and trained on how best to coach children safely and effectively.
Ignite a Passion
Our goal is to ignite a passion for sports and game play while developing the foundation for an active and healthy lifestyle.
Tennis Enrichment Programs
Serve it up with tennis class and discover how fun and exciting tennis can be with TGA!
- Maximum student to coach ratio of 10:1 maintains a safe and fun environment.
- Coaches lead students through station-based drills and games that develop the fundamental skills of grip, forehand, backhand, volley, and serve.
- Students participate in STEAM labs that allow them to explore academic concepts like gravity, force, and spin through the game.
- Tennis is an individualistic sport so each player progresses through our five level program at their own pace – click on each color level below for additional details.
Learn the fundamentals
- Tennis skills: proper grip and swing fundamentals
- Rules & etiquette: shaking hands and playing with others
- Academics: tennis vocabulary and introduction to scoring
- Life skills: sportsmanship and honesty
Practice your skills
- Tennis skills: increased racquet and ball skills
- Rules & etiquette: calling balls out and the margin of error
- Academics: parts of the court and the racquet
- Life skills: respect and responsibility
Prepare for the court
- Tennis skills: control and targeting of shots from various court locations
- Rules & etiquette: rules and scoring nuances of match play
- Academics: different playing surfaces and the impact on play
- Life skills: courtesy and positive attitude
Master your skills
- Tennis skills: footwork and shot-making to extend match play
- Rules & etiquette: the importance of the “honor system” on the court
- Academics: history and geography associated with the game and Grand Slams
- Life skills: cooperation and perseverance
Play like a pro
- Tennis skills: developing power and understanding shot selection
- Rules & etiquette: understanding tournament rules
- Academics: applying math and science to develop shot strategies
- Life skills: leading by example for your peers
Tennis Sized Right
TGA utilizes the USTA’s “Tennis Sized Right” guidelines for youth tennis equipment and courts that are tailored to the size and ability of children’s bodies to allow for quicker success and enjoyment of the game. As players grow physically and develop stronger skills, they advance to playing on courts and with equipment that gets progressively closer to standardized tennis.
Youth racquets have smaller grips so they're easier to hold and swing.
Ways to Play
Our program progression is designed to refine skill, achieve success, promote discovery through play and provide a pathway to Keep Playing!®
After-School Enrichment Programs
6-10 week sessions // 3-4 times per school year
Hosted at pre-k, elementary and middle schools, community centers and parks & recreation locations
Parents enjoy the convenience of programs offered after school, while kids receive an introduction to sports, learn from trained coaches, develop skills, and build passion for the game.
Designed for all ages and abilities, our curriculum follows a progressive skill development so that students can set goals to achieve and progresses through our five level program at their own pace. In each class students rotate through station-based drills and activities that develop core skills and an understanding of the history, rules, etiquette, and vocabulary of the sport.
Play Days – Put Your Child’s Skills into Match Play
TGA Tennis Play Days are an opportunity for tennis players of all skill levels to experience the social and competitive aspects of tennis in a low-pressure setting. The emphasis is always on fun and safety as participants gain valuable play experience through a rotation of short, continuous matches among players of similar skill level.
Play Days are a great next step for children who have participated in TGA Tennis Enrichment Programs and any young player who wants to continue developing their game through additional play experience.
Sign Up for Play Days
"The convenience of having classes on school grounds directly after school is really nice. My child has a BLAST and is learning all the positive things about playing a wonderful sport, including etiquette and teamwork."
Betsy Brown, TGA Customer
Camps – Build Skills and Friendships
TGA Tennis Camps are all about providing an unforgettable experience for your child by combining expert instruction, daily match play and exciting activities that keep them active and entertained all day. Our dedicated coaching staff and low camper to coach ratios provide ample individual attention and instruction tailored to your child’s skill level. Campers build friendships and life-long memories as they improve their game through racquet and rally instruction stations, matches with players of similar or more advanced skill level, rules and etiquette lessons, fun games, trivia challenges and academic lessons including STEM.
TGA Tennis Camps will foster your child’s skills and passion for the game and are a great next step for anyone who has participated in a TGA Tennis Enrichment Program. TGA Camps are conducted during most times school is not in session including summer, winter and spring break.
Summer Tennis Camp was a HIT at Braemar Country Club, CSUN, Children’s Art Institute and Hollywood Schoolhouse!
Sign Up for Camps
"We liked the grouping by age and ability. Also the schedule broken down hour by hour gave us a clear picture of what our little one was doing. The little games like chicken launch, popcorn made it fun and our little girl didn't even realize how much she was working on the court to gain the skills she did in a week."
Smita Shah, TGA Customer
TGA Youth Tennis Leagues & USTA Junior Team Tennis
TGA Premier Youth Tennis Leagues and USTA Junior Team Tennis are complementary programs whose availability varies by location so check with your local chapter director about which opportunity is available near you. Both programs bring children together in teams to play singles, doubles and mixed doubles against other teams while promoting social skills and important life values including sportsmanship and self-confidence.
TGA Premier Youth Tennis Leagues and USTA Junior Team Tennis are a great next step for players who have developed the fundamentals of their game through TGA Tennis Enrichment Programs or TGA Tennis Camps and want to apply those skills in a friendly competition setting.
When your child is ready to take the next step into the world of competitive tennis, there is no better way to start than with USTA Junior Tournaments. Junior Tournaments are great for young players who want to test their games, get out on the court and make new friends along the way. There is local competition for kids of all levels—entry-level, intermediate and advanced—and as age and ability advance there are also national level tournaments.
Find a Program Near You
"I thought that the instructors were very supportive of the kids and encouraged their effort. My daughter is very reluctant to do anything athletic and she came home everyday saying she loved tennis!"
Kelli Smith, TGA Customer
Other Ways to Play Tennis with TGA
- Private Tennis Lessons – perfect for young tennis players looking to take their game to the next level through 1-on-1 coaching.
- Youth Tennis Clinics – a great opportunity for players to get additional instruction and practice time in a group setting.
- Adult Tennis Clinics – designed for adults of all skills levels to improve their tennis skills and knowledge in a group setting.
- Family Tennis Events – a chance for the whole family to get involved and play together.
- Tennis-Themed Parties – perfect for birthdays, graduation or any other celebratory event for the youth tennis player in your life.
instagram takipçi satın al -
instagram takipçi satın al mobil ödeme -
takipçi satın al
bahis siteleri -
kaçak bahis -
bahis siteleri -
deneme bonusu -
cratosslot giriş -
instagram takipçi satın al -