Empower Your Child Through Golf
Whether this is the first exposure to golf or you’re looking to take your child’s game to the next level, we have a program to fit your needs. TGA has developed a Junior Golf Player Pathway to help guide families through the journey of learning and playing this amazing sport.
The pathway consists of four core TGA programs which are progressive in their skill level, knowledge requirements and challenges; yet also complimentary to one another so children can participate in all four programs throughout the year to continue developing and refining their game.
The common entry points for new players are through our instruction-based Golf Enrichment Programs and Golf Camps before moving on to Play Days and Leagues which focus on gaining on-course experience in a low-pressure setting. To learn more about each type of program, click on the icons below.
Junior Golf Player Pathway...
Playing an 18-hole course you walk around 5 miles and burn around 2000 calories.
LOW INJURY RISK
Being a non-impact sport greatly reduces the risk of injury.
Developing shot strategies and applying concepts from geometry and physics.
ETIQUETTE & MANNERS
Golf promotes these concepts.
SOCIAL & LIFE SKILLS
Build friendships and practice honesty and sportsmanship.
Handicaps allow golfers of all ages and abilities to play together.
Introduction To Sports
We offer an introduction to sports in a safe and welcoming environment, helping kids develop both athletic and social skills.
All Abilities Welcome
Our station-based format allows mixed-ability groups to learn and play together, ensuring a quality experience for all students.
We provide all equipment necessary to play so there is no additional investment required beyond registration.
Our coaches are fully vetted, background checked, and trained on how best to coach children safely and effectively.
Ignite a Passion
Our goal is to ignite a passion for sports and game play while developing the foundation for an active and healthy lifestyle.
Golf Enrichment Programs
Tee it up at golf class and discover how fun and exciting golf can be with TGA!
- Maximum student to coach ratio of 10:1 maintains a safe and fun environment.
- Coaches lead students through station-based drills and games that develop the fundamental skills of grip, putting, chipping and full-swing.
- Students participate in STEAM labs that allow them to explore academic concepts like gravity, force, and spin through the game.
- Golf is an individualistic sport so each player progresses through our five level program at their own pace – click on each color level below for additional details.
Learn the fundamentals
- Golf skills: swing fundamentals and proper setup
- Rules & etiquette: shaking hands and playing with others
- Academics: golf vocabulary and introduction to scoring
- Life skills: sportsmanship and honesty
Practice your skills
- Golf skills: understanding ball position and making consistent contact with the ball
- Rules & etiquette: navigating the course and learning the parts of the golf club
- Academics: understanding yardage and calculating distance
- Life skills: respect and responsibility
Prepare for the course
- Golf skills: developing a balanced swing and consistently getting the ball airborne
- Rules & etiquette: how to treat a ball once in play and player regulations
- Academics: history and geography associated with the game and tournaments
- Life skills: courtesy and positive attitude
Master your skills
- Golf skills: developing ball control and shot-making
- Rules & etiquette: the importance of the “honor system” on the course
- Academics: understanding force and speed associated with different shots
- Life skills: cooperation and perseverance
Play like a pro
- Golf skills: advanced concepts like club head acceleration and club selection
- Rules & etiquette: understanding markers, drops, penalties and playing formats
- Academics: applying math and science to develop shot strategies
- Life skills: leading by example for your peers
Golf Enrichment Program Locations:
Our Lady Queen of Martyrs
Academy of Sacred Heart
Bloomfield Christian School
Holy Name Catholic School
All Saints Catholic School
Achieve Charter Academy
Canton Charter Academy
South Canton Scholars
Chesterfield Youth Center
Great Oaks Elementary
Cedar Crest Academy
Montessori Children’s Academy
Trinity Lutheran School
Country Oaks Elementary
St. Fabian Catholic School
Hillel Day School
Grosse Pointe Academy
University Liggett School
South River Elementary
Spring Mills Elementary
Immaculate Conception Catholic School
American Montessori Lower School
St. Michael Catholic School
St. Mary School
Mt. Clemens Montessori
Immanuel Lutheran School
Macomb Township Recreation Center
St. Peter Lutheran School
Northville Christian School
Northville Parks and Recreation
Franklin Christian Academy
Hickory Woods Elementary
Novi Meadows Elementary
Novi Woods Elementary
Orchard Hills Elementary
Delta Kelly Elementary
Eagle Creek Academy
Clear Lake Elementary
Daniel Axford Elementary
Notre Dame Marist Lower Devision
North Hill Elementary
St. John Lutheran
University Hills Elementary
West Middle School
Shelby Activities Center
Southfield Christian School
St. Clair Shores
St. Germaine Catholic School
Troy Union Elementary
St. Lawrence Catholic School
Indian Hills Elementary
Shenandoah Country Club
American Montessori Upper School
Mary Helen Guest Elementary
St. William Catholic School
Walled Lake Elementary
Ways to Play
Our program progression is designed to refine skill, achieve success, promote discovery through play and provide a pathway to Keep Playing!®
After-School Enrichment Programs
6-10 week sessions // 3-4 times per school year
Hosted at pre-k, elementary and middle schools, community centers and parks & recreation locations
Parents enjoy the convenience of programs offered after school, while kids receive an introduction to sports, learn from trained coaches, develop skills, and build passion for the game.
Designed for all ages and abilities, our curriculum follows a progressive skill development so that students can set goals to achieve and progresses through our five level program at their own pace. In each class students rotate through station-based drills and activities that develop core skills and an understanding of the history, rules, etiquette, and vocabulary of the sport.
Parent-Child Events – Join Your Child on the Course
Parent/Child Events provide the perfect opportunity to get out on the course with your junior golfer in a stress-free environment. “Parent” is defined loosely — the adult member of the team can be a parent, step-parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, family friend, older brother or sister, etc. The only rule is that the adult must be at least 18 years old.
These events include warmup, clinic, nine holes of golf with cart, then dinner and awards. Teams have the option of keeping score — or writing “Had fun” on their scorecard. We have prizes for the top three teams, plus closest-to-hole and long-drive contests for both parents and children.
TGA of Southeast Michigan holds these events every spring and fall — Saturdays in Macomb County and Sundays in Oakland County.
Sign Up for Play Days
"My son has thoroughly enjoyed the TGA Junior Golf Program, he was a true beginner and now has a real love of the sport. The after school program is very well run and the coaches are excellent. This year we tried the summer camp and he had his first go on a real course and he is truly hooked. All around a great experience."
Aldan Moore, TGA Customer
Camps – Build Skills and Friendships
There is nothing like the magic of summer camp on a real golf course. At our all-day camps, students have morning instruction on full swing, chipping and putting, then lunch, then 9 holes of golf every afternoon, with an instructor accompanying each foursome.
TGA of Southeast Michigan holds summer camps at the following golf courses:
Sign Up for Camps
- Sycamore Hills in Macomb Township
- Rammler in Sterling Heights
- Glacier Club in Washington Township
- Somerset Park in Troy
- The Myth in Oakland Township
- Maples in Novi
- Coyote in New Hudson
- Eagle Crest in Ypsilanti
- Hilltop in Plymouth (morning camp)
"The entire TGA professional staff has been very friendly and encouraging. My son received excellent golf training and progressed rapidly. He has participated in many sports programs, and we rate this the best one of all."
Michael Williams, TGA Customer
Leagues – Friendly Competition Fosters Growth
TGA Golf Leagues offer the perfect opportunity for beginning and established junior golfers to practice and play in a low-pressure setting that is local and convenient. Our inclusive format allows each player to contribute to the team on every hole so golfers of all abilities can develop their skills and prepare for competitive junior tours or high school teams.
- Co-ed teams formed after a skill-based tryout.
- Teams meet for practice before matches begin.
- Weekly matches are either match play or stroke play depending on the division.*
- Players develop friendships and valuable skills including teamwork and sportsmanship.
- Parent volunteer opportunities available, please the contact page for details!
TGA Junior Golf Leagues are a great next step for players who have developed the fundamentals of their game through TGA Golf Enrichment Programs or TGA Golf Camps and want to apply those skills on the course in a friendly competition setting.
"The instructors really tailored the program to young kids. There was a whole lot of instruction and technique, but they made it so fun! My daughter learned so much. Some kids' programs are either too fun/not enough learning or too strict/no enough fun. This program struck the balance exactly right."
Mary Thompson, TGA Customer
Other Ways to Play Golf with TGA
- Private Golf Lessons – perfect for juniors looking to take their game to the next level through 1-on-1 coaching.
- Youth Golf Clinics – a great opportunity for players to get additional instruction and practice time in a group setting.
- Adult Golf Clinics – designed for adults of all skills levels to improve their golf skills and knowledge in a group setting.
- Tournaments/Family Events – a chance for the whole family to get involved and hit the course together.
- Golf-themed Parties – perfect for birthdays, graduations or any other celebratory event for the junior golfer in your life.
instagram takipçi satın al -
instagram takipçi satın al mobil ödeme -
takipçi satın al
bahis siteleri -
kaçak bahis -
bahis siteleri -
deneme bonusu -
cratosslot giriş -
instagram takipçi satın al -